Dancers are required to wear appropriate shoes, socks & attire during class:
- Beginners may wear jazz shoes or ballet slippers (available at Payless or dance supply stores) for the first 4-6 weeks. When ready, beginners should order ghillies (soft shoes) from approved Irish dance suppliers.
- Appropriate dance shoes must be worn at all times. Sneakers may be worn for Prizewinner-Champ warm-ups.
- ODA or Black T-shirt, Black Soffe/Gym shorts are acceptable for class. Loose pants or jeans are NOT allowed.
- Hair should be tied back, neatly off the face
- Excess jewelry should be removed prior to class. Stud earrings are okay; dangling necklaces, earrings or bracelets are not.
Before, During and After Class:
Dancers should arrive on time prepared to dance - late arrivals disrupt class time for all the students.
Dancers should bring water ONLY to class. No food or gum allowed.
Cell phones must remain away for the duration of the class.
Parents, grandparents or babysitters are not permitted inside the studio during class.
Students should be picked up promptly after class - please call to alert us if you will be late. The O'Donnell Academy cannot assume responsibility for students before or after their assigned class time.
Parents may ask questions after class, but please note that time is limited. Questions asked through email or text will be answered promptly - if you need to speak in person or on the phone an appropriate time can be arranged.
General School Policies
- Any acts of gross misconduct, bullying, theft or harassment will not be tolerated. Dancers and families should refrain from inappropriate or negative behavior in person or via social media. Failure to do so will be grounds for suspension.
- Consistent attendance is the key to success. Regular attendance not only improves dancing ability and teaches responsibility, but it is key when performing in group dances as others are depending on the dancers in their group.
- Students may not represent the O'Donnell Academy by performing or competing in any feis, Irish dance competition or event without advance consent of Erin O’Donnell.
- Private lessons are offered by request, dependent on available studio time. Email Erin for more information.